Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Master Cleanse


 
For over 20 years now I have been using this drink when I detox from caffeine. It always works wonderfully. I can't even find the book where I first read about it. 
Then about 2 1/2 years ago, when I went for my first Vision Quest with Angeles Arrien, that was part of our time there. That is when I first discovered it had a name. The Master Cleanse. Today as I went to write about it, I decided to look it up online. Wow! I had no idea that people went on 10 (or sometimes as much as 30) day fasts with it. I always hesitate about that. 95% of the time when I begin juicing etc., I eat. Even the first couple of days off of caffeine I allow myself *whatever* I want to eat. No energy for planning or anything. 
What was further amazing is that many, including famous people like Beyonce have used it as a weight-loss miracle plan. I had no idea *my* drink was so popular :) 
As I read I began to wonder if I should try the fast. Not for the weight loss. But more because of the debilitating fatigue that I have dealt with for the last few months. I have always experienced such energy when I drink it. Yet during this cleanse, since the beginning of January, I haven't drank as much of it & have been drinking more vegetable juices. I have been much more tired & had just attributed it to the fatigue. And that it was going to take awhile. 
I have decided to try it for 3 days & may go on to the 10 day. I need to get whatever is dragging me down out of my system. I read that it is one of the most powerful ways to cleanse heavy metals & candida from the body. I know that it helps purify the blood. And is also a wonderful detox for the liver. Along with many other benefits. 
The reason I was going to share about it, was to share with you about a great way to get off of caffeine. Even the last few weeks of being off of it, my body really begins to feel SO much better. My mental clarity is returning. My SKIN feels SO much different. My eyes are brighter. I sleep more soundly. It truly is amazing how much better I feel when I am able to give myself the time to detox off of caffeine. And I was down to drinking only 2 cups of coffee in the morning. I am not suggesting to anyone to fast with it. To do it purely as a weight-loss diet is crazy. I have had success with it while eating food.  
THE MASTER CLEANSE
2 Tbsp of Fresh squeezed Lemon (great for cleansing the liver & for energy)  
2 Tbsp of REAL Maple Syrup Grade B (Grade B has better mineral content)  
1/0 tsp Cayenne (great blood cleanser) (you may need to start with a dash & build up)
 8 oz pure water (warmed may be better) 
I love the cayenne. I realize many people don't. But you can't leave it out. It is such an integral part of the cleansing recipe. I would love to hear if you try it. Or if you have had any experiences in the past. I have helped several people detox from caffeine with it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Morning Cyndee...
    I'm with you about the fatigue, but mostly I attribute this to January (or the months of Winter)...
    I was going to a Naturopathic Chiropractor for adjustments for my neck and spine, which I then purchased some of her cleansing products...Let me tell you, I never really gave it a thought before BUT it seemed to work wonders on this Lady!!!

    Thanks for reminding me to go back & pick up MORE...I've been in that same funk lately and I know it will do the trick for me...

    Always My Best
    ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sweet Marilyn~

    It is so wonderful to see you here! I'm glad this helped as a reminder. It is amazing how much I am being reminded of as I pick up my juicing books & begin to read again. Our bodies need attention just as our cars do.

    I want you to know my pup (10 months old) is doing well :) She is an absolute comedian. She & my kitty are the best of buds. Wrestling, chasing, mischief....I still miss my soulmate Ali. She is forever imprinted in my heart.......

    Much Love to you & your girls~
    Cyndee

    ReplyDelete